It's Not You... It's A Lot

 

There's a part of me that wants to blast out my current belief status on all my social media feeds so that the kind folk who "miss me" at the last church I attended could understand.

It almost feels as though it would be easier if there had been some nasty falling out. I have nothing against them. They are fine people.

I'm just at a point in my faith journey at which:
  • I don't believe God ever intended ANY form of sacrifice (including Jesus).
  • I don't believe God intends to punish anyone in any way ever.
  • I am indifferent about "heaven." And I am OK if nothing happens after death.
  • I believe that "Worship Services" do nothing for God; that they are little more than a gathering for dopamine-inducing sing-along and TED-talk on mystical plausibility.
  • I feel that "using my talents" in a "Worship Service" only serves to unnaturally prolong the life of a thing that should be put to rest, or at best be put in Hospice. It feels as similar as someone paying a veterinarian to keep their 18 year old Gerbil alive with invasive surgery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turn the Other Cheek

psst. God Didn't Say "Sin"

What's The Mission?