The Tree of Knowledge


"The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil"

Wait.

If that's what it was, that means:

  1. Adam and Eve had no concept of wrong/right or good/bad.
  2. Before they bit the fruit, the idea of "disobedience" would not have been consciously a "wrong" choice.
  3. God did not want them to see a difference between good/bad.
  4. God did not want them to bear the shame of feeling "wrong."
I am claiming that God never wanted us to feel a difference between what various actions we may take in life. I am claiming that God only wanted us to know what Paul eventually wrote to the Church at Corinth: 

New American Standard 1977 I Corinthians 6:12
  • All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
 I am claiming that, from that point on, the ideas of sin, punishment, and worthlessness are all our own ideas; not God's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turn the Other Cheek

psst. God Didn't Say "Sin"

The Business of Church